Last updated: 5/24/18
Scope and Personal Information of Our Governmental and Organizational Clients’ Constituents and Employees
- If you are a constituent or employee of one of our Clients and would no longer like to be contacted by one of our Clients that use our Service or for details of how the Client Information will be used and protected, and details of how to access or correct the information, please refer to the privacy statement of the Client to which you submitted your personal information. We may transfer personal information to companies that help us provide our service. Transfers to subsequent third parties are covered by the service agreements with our customers.
- CityGrows acknowledges that you have the right to access your personal information. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete data should directly query CityGrows’ Client as well as CityGrows itself. If requested to remove data, we will respond within the applicable legal timeframe.
- We will retain personal data we process on behalf of our Clients for as long as needed to provide services to our Clients at their instruction. CItyGrows may also retain this personal information as necessary to use in aggregated form or to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Personal Information We May Collect
Where applicable, we indicate whether and why you must provide us with your Personal Information, as well as the consequences of failing to do so. If you do not provide Personal Information when requested, you may not be able to benefit from our Service or fully utilize a process that a government or organization has created on the CityGrows site if that information is necessary to provide you with the service or if we or the government or organization user are legally required to collect it.
When we collect information
Registration. If you desire to have access to certain restricted sections of the Site or request to receive information, you may be required to become a registered user, and to submit the following types of Personal Information to CityGrows: your name, email address, phone number, full user name, password, city, and time zone.
Customer Support. We may collect information through your communications with our customer support team or other communications that you may send us and their contents.
Other. We may also collect your contact details when you provide them in the context of our customer, vendor, and partner relationships.
What we collect
We get information about you in a range of ways:
Information You Give Us. We may collect your name, postal address, email address, phone number, username, password, demographic information (such as your gender and occupation) as well as other information you directly give us on our Site. The government and organizational processes hosted on our site may request additional personally identifiable information.
Information We Get From Others. We may get information about you from other sources, including but not limited to our government and organizational Clients.. We may add this to information we get from this Site.
Information Automatically Collected by Partners. We automatically log information about you and your computer. CityGrows, Inc. uses Google Analytics and Intercom to better understand user behavior on the site. For example, when visiting our Site, we log your computer operating system type, browser type, browser language, the website you visited before browsing to our Site, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times and information about your use of and actions on our Site.
Log Data. When you use our Service, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your IP address, browser type or the domain from which you are visiting, the web-pages you visit, the search terms you use, and any advertisements on which you click.
Cookies and Similar Technologies. Like many websites, we also use “cookie” technology to collect additional website usage data and to improve the Site and our Service. A cookie is a small data file that we transfer to your computer’s hard disk. A session cookie enables certain features of the Site and our service and is deleted from your computer when you disconnect from or leave the Site. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser help file directions. Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies. CityGrows may use both session cookies and persistent cookies to better understand how you interact with the Site and our Service, to monitor aggregate usage by our users and web traffic routing on the Site, and to improve the Site and our Service.
We may also automatically record certain information from your device by using various types of technology, including “clear gifs” or “web beacons.” This automatically collected information may include your IP address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after you use the Service, the pages or other content you view or otherwise interact with on the Service, and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use the Service. We also may use these technologies to collect information regarding your interaction with email messages, such as whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded a message, to the extent permitted under applicable law.
You can instruct your browser, by editing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. Please note that if you delete, or choose not to accept, cookies from the Service, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Service to their fullest potential.
Do Not Track
CityGrows does not process or respond to web browsers’ “do not track” signals or other similar transmissions that indicate a request to disable online tracking of users who use our Service.
Use of personal information
We use your personal information as follows:
- We use your personal information to operate, maintain, and improve our sites, products, and services.
- We use your personal information to respond to comments and questions and provide customer service.
- We use your personal information to send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages. Our governmental Clients may also use your information for this purpose.
- We may use your personal information to communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners.
- We use your personal information to link or combine user information with other personal information.
- We use your personal information to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
- We may aggregate your personal information for analytical purposes
- We use your personal information to provide and deliver products and services customers request.
If you are located in the European Economic Area, we may process your Personal Information for the above purposes when:
- you have consented to the use of your Personal Information, For example, we may seek to obtain your consent for our uses of cookies or similar technologies, or to send you marketing communications.
- we need your Personal Information to provide you with services and products requested by you, or to respond to your inquiries,
- we have a legal obligation to use your Personal Information, or
- we have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Information. In particular, we have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Information to ensure and improve the safety, security, and performance of our Service, to anonymize Personal Information and carry out data analyses.
As you share information on our Site, via one or more processes created by our government Clients, you are able to see which information you share is required or optional, and which information will be included in our “Activity Log” open data feature. Information that will be included in the publicly viewable “Activity Log” is bolded in the “Overview” section of each process. The information within each process that is included as “open”/ viewable in the “Activity Log” is at the discretion of each government Client (administrative account holder).
Sharing of personal information
We may share personal information as follows:
- We may share personal information with your consent. For example, you may let us share personal information with others for their own marketing uses. Those uses will be subject to their privacy policies.
- We may share personal information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding
- We may share personal information for legal, protection, and safety purposes.
- We may share information to comply with laws.
- We may share information to respond to lawful requests and legal processes.
- We may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
- We may share information with those who need it to do work for us.
- We will not sell your information to others.
We may use aggregated and/or anonymized data to operate, maintain, and improve our sites, products, and services. Aggregated/ anonymized data for each process is included in the “Data and Stats” section of each process. We may also share or sell aggregated and/or anonymized data with others for their own uses.
Information choices and changes
By providing your email address to CityGrows, Inc., you are consenting to receive emails regarding CityGrows, Inc.’s service, and emails from any CityGrows Client that created a process on our site through which you shared your email address. CityGrows, Inc. may also send marketing emails.
You may send requests about personal information to our Contact Information below. You can request to change contact choices, opt-out of our sharing with others, and update your personal information. You should contact the local government process holder through which you submitted your information to request that that organization change your contact choices or update your personal information. CityGrows makes no representations or assurances about its Clients’ use of the information that you submit to them via the CityGrows platform/ via CityGrows processes.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Site with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Site works for you.
Contact information and privacy rights
You can unsubscribe to CityGrows emails at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link included in those communications or by sending an email to [email protected] with “Unsubscribe” in the subject line, however you must contact any CityGrows government Client directly to request that you are removed from that Client’s (government’s) email address. CityGrows makes no representations or assurances about its Clients’ ability to unsubscribe from future communication an email that you submit to them via the CityGrows platform/ via CityGrows processes.
Security of Your Personal Information
CityGrows has implemented administrative, technical, and physical measures designed to protect your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, disclosure, use, alteration, or destruction. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files intrusion detection, anti-virus protection, network monitoring, and, where appropriate and required by applicable law, Transport Layer Security (“TLS”) or similarly encrypted browsers. However, no electronic data transmission or storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% private and secure, and you understand that CityGrows does not ensure or warrant the privacy or security of any information we collect from or about you, and that you use the CityGrows Websites and provide us with information at your own risk. If a password is used to help protect your accounts and personal information, it is your responsibility to keep your password confidential. Please also be careful to avoid “phishing” scams, where someone may send you an email that looks like it is from CityGrows asking for your personal information. CityGrows will never request your personal information through e-mail. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at set forth below.
The Site is not directed to persons under 16. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us at [email protected] We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 16. If we become aware that a child under 16 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our files
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code §1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by CityGrows to its affiliates and/or third parties for their direct marketing purposes, within the past year. To make such a request, contact us as set forth below.
EU Data Protection Authorities
If you are a resident of the EEA and have an unresolved privacy or personal information collection, use, or disclosure concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact the EU Data Protection Authorities. If you are a resident of Switzerland and have this concern, please contact the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner.
- For more information on how to contact the EU Data Protection Authorities, click here.
- For more information on how to contact the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner, click here.
CityGrows retains the right to continue to store data and information submitted through the site and through its Client processes, even if you have unsubscribed from receiving information from us.
If you abandon or delete a process from our site, we will retain the information you originally submitted although we will make every attempt to ensure it is no longer publicly visible, unless you make a specific request as described above.
Your account is protected by a password and you are responsible for protecting your login credentials. CityGrows, Inc. does not guarantee the unauthorized access to your personal information if the user has grant has knowingly or unknowingly granted access to third parties to his/her password.
1654 Micheltorena St.
Los Angeles, CA 90026 or via